Daddy's German Sauce Recipes
This is a super easy, delicious party appetizer. Place in crockpot and let it cook while you are getting everything else ready! You can also put meatballs in a hoagie bun and top with cheese for a delicious sub sandwich!
- Fully-Cooked Frozen Meatballs, approx. 26 oz.
- 1 Bottle Van Roehling Daddy’s German Sauce™
Add frozen meatballs to Crockpot, cover with sauce, place lid on crockpot and heat on HIGH for approx. 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Let simmer on ‘LOW’ or ‘WARM’ setting once done.
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Van Roehlilng OMGarlic Seasoning (if your bread crumbs are already seasoned, skip this)
- 1 tablespoon Van Roehling Sizzlin Oak Seasoning
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Van Roehling Daddy’s German sauce – for topping, use as much as you like
In a bowl beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, bread crumbs, onion, and seasonings. Add beef and mix well. Shape into loaves, place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Spoon desired amount of sauce over loaves. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees
- 3 (28 ounce) cans of prepared pork and beans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Van Roehling Daddy’s German Sauce™
- 5 slices of crispy cooked bacon (crumbled)
Combine all ingredients and place in greased 3 quart baking dish.
Bake uncovered@ 300 degrees for 2 hours.
Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 2-3 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2c Van Roehling Daddy’s German Sauce™
- 1 c water (if preparing in oven)
To Prepare on Grill: Place tenderloin on grill over indirect heat. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours or until internal meat temperature is 170F. Brush on sacue and continue to grill about 10 min., turn and brush sauce on second side. Grill about 10 min, until nicely glazed. To serve: transfer to cutting board, cut in thin slices and serve with additional sauce.
To prepare in oven: Cover meat with Van Roehling sauce. Wrap tightly in foil, place in a baking dish with 1 c. water in the bottom. Bake @ 350F for 2-3 hours.
Serve with baked or grilled potatoes and a green vegetable.
- chicken legs, thighs or breasts
- Van Roehling Yard Bird Seasoning™
- Van Roehling Daddy’s German Sauce™
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Pat chicken dry, then coat all over with the seasoning. Grill over medium high heat until done. Just before done, glaze with the sauce and leave it on until caramelized. You'll know when your chicken is done when no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear. An instant-read thermometer should read 165 degrees F. We like to serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing for both the chicken and celery.